Saturday, July 21, 2012

Poutine Heaven: "Smoke's Poutinerie"

So this post is very overdue at this point, yet the timing is probably appropriate considering the "poutition" commercials all over the radio.

Poutine, as I sadly learned recently, is one of those foods that is very Canadian. Apparently it's difficult to find in other countries. Who knew that others wouldn't just know to pair that french fry goodness with cheese curds and then melt the two together with hot, tasty gravy??

I have to admit that this was my first visit to an actual poutinerie, even though I was the acting "tour guide". Sad? Maybe. But I have to say a big thank you to Smoke's Poutinerie for being my first ;) I'll never be the same again ;)

So if you happen to be down by Adelaide sometime (maybe even at a Jays game...maybe), forgo the street meat this one time and be truly Canadian; go for the poutine! My choice was veggie nacho, and let's just say I will never think tortilla chips right away when I'm craving nachos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment