Sunday, August 21, 2011

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I couldn't resist.

Sunday morning, coffee, rainy day...all I needed was some cookies to top it all off. So I whipped some up! : )

I happened to have a recipe on hand from joyofbaking.com for the standard chocolate chip cookie. But the fun part about baking is mixing it up and trying your own thing. So I did, and this coconut chocolate chip cookie is what came out of it.


1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Combine and mix these dry ingredients in a bowl.

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup agave nectar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Beat the butter and sugars until soft and combined (about 1 or 2 minutes). Add in the agave nectar and mix. Add in one egg at a time and mix it in fully until you add the next. Add in the vanilla and mix.

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut

Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the butter/sugar mixture and mix it altogether. Add in chocolate chips and coconut and mix until it's all combined.



Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and drop heaping spoonfuls (make them as big or small as you want) of the batter about 1 inch apart. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Then let cool on a rack and enjoy!!

**I originally only added 1/4 cup of coconut, but I felt like it needed more once they were done.

**Make sure you keep an eye on the time while they bake. My last batch (it was only 4 cookies...thank goodness) got a little too, um, burnt as I forgot about them while writing this. Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment